Friday, November 30, 2012

A Pencil Sharpening Solution!

I have spent a lot of money on pencil sharpeners.  I have four children who are avid artists.  We go through a lot of pencil sharpeners.  I thought electric ones were best because they were fast, but my kids ate up a lot of pencils with it, plus they never seem to sharpen straight.  While I have long thought manual sharpeners are the best, it's hard to find one that you don't have to screw into a wall.  A couple of weeks ago I dropped $20 at Staples on little manual sharpeners.  And I lamented how the kids opened them up to empty them and dropped pencil shaving all over the floor.  At my wits end, I Googled, "worlds best pencil sharpener" and found this: the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener.  The fact that there is no need to mount this sharpener had me interested.  Plus, you can buy replacement blades.  And for about $25, I figured it couldn't be as much of a waste as what I just bought at Staples.  So, I ordered one, and I'm quite pleased with it.



You can check out the following link for info on how to remove the blade from the casing.  I think I'd wear protective gloves just in case, unlike the person in the video.

http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com/pages/photos-videos

Happy sharpening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.