Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Pillows, Made in the USA at a Great Price? Yes!

Okay, a few weeks ago when I was changing the bedding in my kids' rooms, It became painfully apparent that I just had to get some new pillows for my kids. They, the pillows, resembled stale toast more than they did actual pillows. They aren't that old, and are clean... but you know how pillows get all frumpy and chunky? That's how they were. So why have I been putting off buying new pillows for my dear children? Well, pillows are expensive and I never seem to be satisfied with my purchase... I've bought name brand pillows like Serta and cheapie pillows from Walmart, all with the same results. It's really irritating.

At any rate, I decided to bit the bullet and just shell out the dough to buy 4 pillows, knowing that they probably wouldn't hold up for more than 4 months at a time. I checked Amazon and Overstock for reviews and wasn't feeling sold on any of the pillows there because of prices and the mixed reviews. (I wanted down alternative pillows.)

Then, I thought of hotels and how they can have such nice pillows (not all, but some do!) and I was sure that they don't pay high prices for their pillows since they probably change them out quite often. So, I started searching google for hotel pillows and found Royal Pillow. (I'm not getting paid for this plug.)

Royal Pillow is based in Florida, sells pillows made in the USA to hotels, hospitals and even regular people. And their prices are amazing! I bought 4 pillows from their current promotion: Micro Denier Fiber Pillows (down-like) for only $6.99 a piece. Now, I must say that shipping was steep. I think I paid about $12.00 for it, but for 4 pillows at that price, it was still a lot lower than what I could have spent.

My pillows arrived in a timely manner, within a week of ordering them. I really, really wanted to like these pillows, but because I paid so little for them I was skeptical. Upon taking them out of the box, I noticed right away that they were a LOT softer than any other down-alternative pillow I had bought. They actually feel like down! I ended up taking a pillow and sleeping on it for a week to see how it compared to my down/feather pillow. It may be too early to tell, but so far, I prefer it to my old pillow because it offers just a tad bit more support.

So, now that I know I like these pillows and want some for my bed, I'll be ordering at least a couple more! So glad to finally have some pillows I'm actually happy with!

If you are looking for pillows, check out Royal Pillow. They also sell down and feather pillows too at great prices.

2 comments:

  1. We have been having the same problem with pillows...we need some good ones to go with our so-comfy bed! We got in on a sale at Kohl's and bought some memory foam ones, which I was VERY skeptical about but I love them. They don't look very nice on our bed though, they are a weird shape and don't fit regular pillow cases...*sigh* Glad you found some that work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got some good memory foam pillows... they aren't all created equal. I had one that was nice for a couple of nights and is now flat. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.