Friday, December 31, 2010

Get the Stink out of Towels and Dishcloths

I don't have this problem near as often as I did when I lived in a more humid environment, but it does still happen on occasion. The problem? Stinky, mildewy towels, and dishcloths. And it doesn't matter how much you wash them, the stink doesn't leave. Know what I'm talking about?

So, I found something that works years ago and thought I'd share: Lysol, all purpose cleaner. You can buy the stuff at most stores for $3-4. Lysol promises to disinfect and kill badcteria and viruses. I buy the bottle without the trigger on the end because it makes for easier pouring. I usually get lemon scent because it's one of the few scents I can handle.

Here's what you do:

1. Fill washer with hot water and about a cup of Lysol all purpose cleaner.
2. Add offending laundry.
3. Allow the laundry to agitate for a minute and then let it soak for at least an hour before resuming the laundry cycle.
4. Dry laundry as usual.
5. Enjoy better-smelling towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.