Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oil, a Goo-Gone Alternative

I like Goo-Gone. But it's pretty flammable. And since I ran out of it and haven't bothered to buy more, I started using olive oil instead. Back when I was reading up on the many uses of olive oil, I learned that you can use it to clean sticky residue off many surfaces. I've tried it quite a few times and have found that it does quite well. The only draw back is the oily residue you are left with. But to remedy that, I just spritz the area with some 50/50 vinegar water solution (handy cleaning solution) and wipe it off. You can use other cooking oils for this purpose as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.