Friday, October 22, 2010

Learning Web Design

I have had this crazy interest in learning to design web pages (probably cuz mine stinks). It's not like I have oodles of free time, but I decided I'd start at my own pace and maybe someday I'll like how my website looks... Plus, I figure web design would be a great skill to have.

So, right now I'm taking a free XHTML class from about.com. It's got 10 lessons that I can do at my own pace. At the end there is a test that if I pass, I'll feel happy about. It's not like a college degree or anything, but really if someone wants you to design their web page, I think they care more about whether or not you can do it, not that you went to Harvard to learn how to do it.

Next I plan on going to Google Code University (free too) to learn more about programming languages for web design: JAVA, CSS...

And this is the beauty of the internet: Information at your fingertips!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! That is cool. And then there are those of us that choose the free AND ignorant route, pre-made web page templates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I have no intelligent or witty response. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.