Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bye, Bye Google 411...

Last time I placed a call using Google's free directory assistance, I was informed by the automated recording that Google will suspend the service on November 12th this year. Boo hoo. Seriously, I know that Google wasn't offering this free service out of the kindness it's big cooperate heart...They had ulterior motives.

I enjoyed free 411 service so much I figured I needed to find another one. I found this list of free 411 services. Some even have live operators (if you find humans helpful as opposed to computers)! It's too early for me to test them and decide which one is going to get programed into my phone, but it's a start. The list is a big dated, written back in 2008... but, like I said, it's a start. I'll be giving them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.