Thursday, September 9, 2010

Share Your Screen Using Skype

I often try to help out my mom with her computer questions. But she lives far enough from me that I can't just drive over and check out her computer. Hence, we often use Skype to communicate. If you've ever tried to help someone with a computer long distance you know that it can be very confusing for both parties, no matter how wonderful your communication may be. Well, my mom taught me about this really cool feature Skype has that allows you to share your screen. Once my mom shared her screen with me, it was a lot easier to walk her through her computer issue. It's great. It works with Mac OSX and Windows as well as Linux (you have to download the most recent Linux beta version 2.1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.