Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Making Lotion

I decided to make my own lotion for a number of reasons.
1. It sounded fun.
2. My daughters all have varying degrees of eczema, so we go through A LOT of lotion.
3. I like expensive, smelly lotion.

There is more than enough information on the internet for making lotion. It can be confusing... to the point that I just about shied away from trying. All I wanted was a simple, basic recipe and maybe a bit of background info on all the ingredients and the process (but not TOO much!)

Here's the simple, basic recipe and tutorial I found, compliments of the Soap Queen: http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2008/11/gift-series-lotion-tutorial-from.html I've used this recipe and tutorial a few times now with success every time.

Lotions recipes are quite involved when it comes to ingredients... so if you want to make something moisturizing that is very simple and only uses two main ingredients, perhaps this easy whipped shea butter should do the trick (also from the Soap Queen): http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2010/01/easy-whipped-shea-butter.html

So, where to buy all the ingredients? I buy from Brambleberry.com but there are loads of other places online or perhaps you are lucky enough to live near an actual brick and mortar store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.