Wednesday, May 12, 2010

PDFs! PDFs! PDFs!

Used to be that you couldn't make a .pdf document without the Adobe. That was a while ago. Now there are quite a few different ways to make a .pdf document. If you have OpenOffice (the free office suite comparable to Microsoft Office), you can use it to make your .pdfs. If you don't, there are a few little .pdf utilities you can download.

I've been using Cute PDF and have been happy enough with it that I haven't bothered trying any other programs.

Now, say you want to convert a .pdf to a word document... and you don't want to have to download a program to do it. Check out www.convertpdftoword.net. Simply upload the .pdf you wish to convert and then click the "convert and download" button. Very simple, very straightforward and quick. I tried this out using a phone bill and I was quite impressed, it kept all the formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.