Thursday, April 15, 2010

Self Opening Scissors For Kids


I was visiting with my daughter's occupational therapist the other day. I asked about the difficulty my daughter has with opening scissors. The therapist suggested I purchase some self opening scissors to help her out. Because my daughter's ligaments are very loose, self opening scissors will protect her from hyper-extending her joints. I never knew self opening scissors existed.

Pictured above: Fiskars spring action scissors for preschoolers for $3.50 at Amazon. I will be ordering some and we'll give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair that have a little rounded lever that you push in between the handles to make them self-open. Or if you don't want that, you just flip the lever over to where it curves around the larger handle instead. I got them cheap at Staples or Dollar Tree (don't rightly remember). They're not our favorite though. They cut paper fine, but other things they are not really strong enough for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. We'll have to give this a try and see how it works for us. It'd be great to see some cutting confidence in my little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.