Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lemon Bars That Still Taste Wonderful

I snagged this recipe from Prevention Magazine (made a few minor changes, of course!). I think it's a pretty lame magazine on the whole (sorry, I do) but I do like one section where they take a recipe and make it healthier. They did this with Lemon Bars. I'm a sucker for these. So, I had to try it. And yes, it is good. It's got half the sugar and half the fat of regular Lemon Bars. Would have taken a picture, but they were gone too fast.

Lemon Bars

Crust:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 sugar
1/4 tea salt
1/2 cup butter

Filling:
3 eggs
1/2 lemon juice
1/4 tea baking powder
1/4 cup flour

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust mix flour, sugar, salt and cut in butter until a crumbly dough forms. Press into 9 X 13 inch greased pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for filling. Pour lemon mixture onto the lightly cooled crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is lightly firm and not liquid. Allow to cool and cut into bars. Dust lightly with confectioner sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.