Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Olive Oil replacing Shave Gel/Cream?

I was looking into the virtues of Extra Virgin Olive Oil one day and was intrigued by one use in particular: a shaving lotion, rather than using a gel or a cream. I think I was interested in this because I really never have been 100% happy with any shaving gel/cream that I have used. Upon learning that olive oil is quite moisturizing and does not clog pores, I thought I'd give it a try.

I mixed a few drops of peppermint essential oil (to make is smell nice) in a squeeze bottle with olive oil. I used it the same way I have used a shave gel/cream. I found that it provided what felt like a thicker protective layer on my skin, yet, the shave was just as close. And, what I like the best the oil is moisturizing enough that I don't have to put lotion on afterward.

For more interesting uses of olive oil:
http://curbly.com/chrisjob/posts/1799-25-alternative-uses-for-olive-oil

1 comment:

  1. not to sure if you are interested in a shaving cream made with olive oil. I started using the shaving cream with live oil as a tourist in France...They sell the product in the States. I am attaching the web site. Lots of luck..JC
    http://www.lcdpusa.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.