Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quickie Advent Calendar

I was hoping to post this a lot earlier but, oops, it didn't happen. I found a simple idea for putting together an advent calendar at essortment.com. Really all you need is plastic wrap, kissess chocolates and some curling ribbon. Here's how mine turned out. (As you can see, I don't pretend to be any good at photography... or craftiness, for that matter.)

I made two calendars, as an experiment. One with little Christmas scriptures tied to each ribbon, and the other just with the chocolates.
As you can see, this makes a very loooonnnggg calendar. But my kids think it's lovely. Today we cut our first chocolate off!

Here's what I did for the top of the calendar.

Here's a closeup of the calendar with the scriptures. This takes a bit more time to make than the candy-only one.

And here's a closeup of the candy-only calendar.
It doesn't take long to make... maybe a half hour.

On thing though, the essortment directions say to use 3 feet of plastic wrap. I needed more like 4-5. So, best to cut too much than too little. I had my 6 year old boy help me curl the ribbons on the calendars. He enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.