Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Make Your Own Foaming Hand Soap

Foaming soap is so handy. My kids love it, but they go through soap like crazy. Refills are expensive, if you can even find them. You can't just put regular soap in foaming soap dispensers since regular liquid soap on it's own is too thick... It's got to be watery, so the recipe is basically soap and water.

My recipe here is for a 7.5 fl oz foaming soap container. Here's what you need:
  • Dish soap of your choice
  • Water
  • Foaming soap dispenser
After some trial and error, I have found that dish soap works the best. Fill your soap container about 1/8 inch full (2-3 Tablespoons) of a nice smelling dish soap and then fill the rest with water. Replace the lid and shake the mixture up. I have tried to do this with regular liquid hand soaps, but he results have been sub-par (I'm sure some brands will perform better than others). They just don't foam as well.

Here's what others do to make their foaming soap:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.