Friday, September 18, 2009

Kids Cold and Cough Remedy

With the recent scares about children's over the counter cold/cough medicines, I opted to avoid them as much as possible. So, when it's cold/cough season, and the kids wake up saying their throats hurt, we make this quick drink. It does a wonderful job of clearing congestion, especially if we treat it early. Take caution, honey should not be given to children younger than a year old.

Warm Honey Lemon Drink
1 cup warm water (I heat in the microwave)
1-2 T of lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
1 T of honey

Stir and serve warm.

A dose of Honey
I also like to give my kids a teaspoon or so of honey before bed when they have a cough. Read up on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.