Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hundred Pushups Update



Well, it's been over six weeks since I started the One Hundred Pushups training program... I said I'd follow up on it. Here I am. I have not completed the program yet. I think it will take me another six weeks. Serious. When I started the program I could do 10 consecutive pushups. Six weeks later I can do 35 consecutive pushups. Improvement? Sure. But, I was really hoping it'd take six weeks to do 100. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Silly me for thinking I could go from 10 to 100 in six weeks!

The program is not for the faint of heart. You really have to push yourself. There are times when I think I can NOT do another pushup, but I surprise myself and push up one last one-- then I crumple on the floor. I have had to repeat a couple of weeks so far (and think I'll be repeating a few more before I finish). I can say that I have noticed more tone in my arms, as well as more upper body strength... so this program is doing some good.

I'm going to stick to the program for the rest of the year... I hope by then I will have been able to achieve the 100. If I can't, I'm going to seriously consider moving on to a different exercise routine for upper body. I hope I don't have to be a quitter. If you are interested in watching my pushups progress in detail, follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.