Thursday, September 17, 2009

Carving a Pepper Like a Pumpkin


I'm not sure exactly how this started, but once years back I was cutting up a green bell pepper for dinner and for some reason decided to carve a quick Jack-o-lantern face on him. My then 2 year old son loved it. He still won't eat peppers, but it's become a strange ritual now, to give the pepper a face before we cut him up and eat him.


Aside from strange meal preparation habits, I thought pepper carving would be a fun activity for younger kids not quite ready to carve a big, hard pumpkin. Of course, an orange bell pepper would contribute best to the pumpkin look. It would make a lovely Halloween party center piece as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.