Friday, August 21, 2009

DIY Yourself Fabric Softener Follow-up

A couple of days ago I figured I'd try to make some fabric softener since I ran out of dryer sheets. I used my small concoction of vinegar, hair conditioner, and water with my laundry over the last couple of days. I used it in a downy ball, in the washer's fabric softener dispenser, and even dampened a cloth with it and put it in the dryer (like a dryer sheet).

From my experience, this particular fabric softener recipe was no good. It certainly didn't soften the fabric. And the static? Still there. So for now, back to dryer sheets. (I read in some threads that they're carcinogenic. I'd have to really research that to find proof. In the meantime, living is highly carcinogenic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.