Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cucumbers, Cucumbers, Cucumbers!

What to do with all those garden cukes? Here's a very quick recipe that is wonderfully delicious. It makes a great, cool summer sidedish. Best of all, the primary ingredient is cucumbers!

Cucumber Salad

4 med. cucumbers
1.5 cups of sour cream
1 small clove garlic, crushed
2 T. oil
2 t. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. white vinegar
1/2 t. dill weed

Slice cucumbers in bit size pieces into a large bowl. Stir together remaining ingredients, except the dill weed, in a small bowl and then pour over cucumbers. Sprinkle dill weed on top and toss lightly. Chill.

*Tips*
I typically cut this recipe in half. It doesn't keep well after a day, so you'll want to only make what you think you'll eat. I like to add more dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.