Monday, July 20, 2009

How to Make An Ice Cream Cake

I have been working on perfecting the art of making ice cream cakes. They cost between $16-$30. So far, I've been able to make one for around $5-$10, depending on the quality of ingredients I use. It's not quite perfected, but the basic idea is solid now.

This ice cream cake has two layers, one cake, the other ice cream. Here's how I did it. I apologize for the pictures, and the not-so-impressive decorating.

What You Need:

One baked 8-9 inch cake, chilled (either homemade or a mix)
1 quart of your favorite ice cream, softened
wax paper
large serving plate/pan
one clean 8-9 inch cake pan
Cool whip
Frosting



1. Line a clean cake pan with some wax paper.


2. Spread softened ice cream into cake pan. Place in freezer and freeze until hardened (couple of hours).

3. With the chilled, baked cake on a large plate, place hardened ice cream on top. Carefully remove the wax paper.



Here's a look at the bare bones cake.


4. Frost the cake with Cool Whip.


5. Decorate with frosting. Place in freezer until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love a discussion. If you plan on including a link in your comment, make it appropriate. I will not post comments that include links that I think may be malicious.